Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Last Day of School

Today was my last day of school and in so many ways I wasn't ready. It was too early to do the end of school thing: collecting textbooks, cleaning classrooms, handing in paperwork and saying goodbyes. I especially wasn't ready to say my goodbyes. The day was filled with fun, however, ranging from a Krav Maga Lesson from Ms. Kwan to field day frenzy in advisory and dumplings and silly photos in AP Biology. My AP biology students made their own NYC postcards to share with some of the Indonesian students. Their thought, care and creativity brought me both tears and laughter as I finally read the postcards on the train ride home. I feel so lucky and blessed in so many ways: I have extraordinary colleagues who shared gifts galore, students who teach me more than I could ever teach them and an exciting journey ahead! I hope my next post will be from Indonesia! My advisee, "Z" (not to be confused with species Z) wants me to "blog EVERYTHING" including sleeping on the plane. I'll do my best for you Z! Until then. Selamat Tingaal!

No comments:

Post a Comment